The purpose of parents’ evenings is for you to meet your child’s teachers and to check that everyone understands the progress your child is making: their strengths and areas for improvement.
Teachers will refer to reports and some parents find it helpful to have access to them on the evening.
Parents’ Evening Guidance
- Appointments are made by parents online through Parentmail and slots during peak times (5pm to 6pm) tend to go first so please book early.
- Each slot is 5 minutes long which allows for about a three-four minutes discussion and then some travel time. We have asked staff to stick to these times. We recommend you leave a gap of 5 minutes between each appointment so that you have time to move from one room to another.
- If you have any specific questions please add them to your online booking
- When you arrive, please sign in. On arrival you will be given a plan of the rooms for the evening, telling you where staff are located.
- If you feel you need a longer appointment, it may be more appropriate to make one (at another time separate to the Parents’ Evening).
- We would ask you to understand that if you have not made an appointment with a teacher or miss an appointment time, it may not be possible to “slot” you in as this is often a reason for timings going adrift. If you arrive late, please go to the next full appointment.
- The Head of Year or Head of Key Stage may be available on a drop in basis between their subject appointments. Please bear in mind that the environment for these meetings may not be confidential.
- Whilst all staff are expected to attend parents’ evenings we would ask you to understand that sometimes members of staff are unavoidably absent. In this case, their name will be listed at the entrance. Parents can contact these members of staff through the school email if they wish to arrange a telephone or face-to-face appointment.
- Finally, and to avoid arriving late to the first appointment, please be aware that parking is limited on site, especially when we have lettings on as well. You may need to leave more time to find a space and arrive at the venue.
- We are always pleased by how many attend parents’ evenings and we should like to thank you for your support. We hope that by following this guidance, the evenings can run even smoother than usual. If you have any further queries about your child’s Parents’ Evening, please contact the relevant Head of Year.